The Coordinated Entry System (CES) is a critical component to our community’s efforts to meet the goals of the United States Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH). USICH is currently in the process of updating the federal strategic plan for 2022. HUD’s primary goals for coordinated entry processes are that assistance be allocated as effectively as possible and that it be easily accessible no matter where or how people present. CES helps us prioritize assistance based on vulnerability and severity of service needs to ensure that people who need assistance the most can receive it in a timely manner. Coordinated Entry processes also provide information about service needs and gaps to help us plan our assistance and identify needed resources.
The Calhoun County CES provides for youth, individual adults, and families. The main objectives of the system are to:
- Reduce the length of time a family is homeless and permanently house them as quickly as possible, using Rapid Re-housing and linkages to supportive services.
- Build upon existing community-based infrastructures to serve homeless families, leverage resources, and provide more targeted and cost-effective interventions.
Point-In-Time (PIT) Count 2022:
Each year, HUD asks local Continuums of Care (CoCs) to provide a point-in-time (PIT) count of all homeless residents living within the geographic area. Every other year, HUD asks the CoCs to count both sheltered and unsheltered persons. This year’s PIT Count will include both sheltered and unsheltered individuals and families and was held overnight on Wednesday, January 26, 2022 and throughout the day on Thursday, January 27, 2022. PIT Count surveys were offered on the 27th at Battle Creek Shelter (breakfast), Sally’s Kitchen/Salvation Army (lunch), and SHARE Center (dinner). The results of this year’s PIT Count are attached.
2022 Calhoun PIT Count Results
PIT Count Volunteer Form 2022
- Calhoun County Coordinated Entry Policy rev February 2020
- Housing Solutions Board Policy Manual 20191115
- Calhoun_County_Non-Discrimination Policy & Acknowledgement 2022
- MS_HMIS Operating Policies and Procedures
- 2022 Calhoun County CoC Written Service Standards 20220615
- Calhoun County CY2021 Overall Homeless Report
- Calhoun County CY2020 Overall Homeless Report
- 2022 Homelessness Fact Sheet – Coming soon
- 2022 Affordable Housing Fact Sheet – Coming soon
- 2022 Calhoun CoC Racial Disparities Report 20220615
- 2020 Affirmative Marketing Report & Plan
- 2020 Racial Disparity Assessment Summary