CERA for CALHOUN COUNTY
2021 COVID EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Apply Online at https://ceraapp.michigan.gov/
OR Call 269-966-1538 for CERA Assistance in Calhoun County!
Through the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA), the Covid Emergency Rental Assistance Program, CERA, is a rental, internet, and utilities assistance program designed to keep tenants housed and relieve rent and utility burdens caused by Covid-19. The program is designed for households earning 80% or less of Area Median Income (AMI) who have experienced a hardship related to Covid-19, like unemployment, reduction in income, or increased household expenses AND who are at risk of homelessness or housing instability due to past due rent or utilities. In Calhoun County, the program is being led in partnership between Summit Pointe, Community Action Agency of South Central Michigan and Neighborhoods, Inc. of Battle Creek. For assistance, please access the Call Center at 269-966-1538 or the address below.
You may mail your completed paper application to:
Summmit Pointe, 47 North Washington Ave, Battle Creek, MI 49037.
Or, you may email your completed paper application to:
CERA Tenant Application English
CERA Owner-Landlord Application English
CERA Tenant Application Spanish
CERA Owner-Landlord Application Spanish
CERA Tenant Application Arabic
CERA Owner-Landlord Application Arabic
MICHIGAN CERA WEBSITE
COMMUNITY FLYER TO SHARE
Calhoun County CERA Flyer
TENANT DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Completed CERA Tenant application.
- Copy of past-due rent notice, a notice to quit or a court ordered summons, complaint or judgement.
- Copy of state ID or passport for the tenant applicant (with proof of residency if address does not match the unit). (alternate IDs are acceptable).
- Most current copy of lease agreement in tenant’s name (if a written lease was completed).
- Provide all proof of earned and unearned income for household members that live at the property and that are over the age of 18.
- Household income/benefits (unemployment, SSI, etc.) for one month, OR
- Copy of submitted 2020 IRS form 1040 (first two pages) OR
- Food Assistance Program Notice of Case Action form (only applicable for households with 3 or less people).
- Copy of ALL utility statements the tenant is responsible for, if applicable.
- Copy of Internet bill/statement, if applicable.
LANDLORD DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- Completed CERA Landlord Application
- Copy of the lease (if a written lease was completed)
- Ledger showing tenant’s payment history in 2020 and 2021
- Verification of court costs, if applicable